I decided to read this series because so many people said they liked it. This is not the series for me however, and I will not be finishing it! I could hardly get through the first 100 pages, but I like to give each book a fair shot. It takes time to build characters, relationships and a story line. Eventually I became mildly interested in Tristan and Evie's relationship, and there is an interesting twist in the story at the end that I wasn't expecting, but other than that, there is not enough to hold my interest.
I am not a huge fantasy reader, although I do love some series (like Harry Potter and Fourth Wing). I have no problem with young adult stories - or stories where the main characters are teenagers. The interactions between the characters in this book were over-the-top ridiculous though, in my opinion. When I find myself making continuous eye-rolling movements while reading, I know there is a problem.
Tristan is "the Villain". He sweeps through the town killing people who work for the King and tries to take the King's supplies. He encounters Evie one day, who has just lost her job. She is supporting her younger sister and ill father on her own since her brother died in a mysterious magical accident (caused by their mother) and her mother is gone. So, she desperately needs a new job. The Villain offers her one and she takes it. She works for the Villain each day and returns home each evening to care for her family. That's about it folks! There is your summary. Again, not for me.
Wendy's Rating: **
No comments:
Post a Comment